Worship Leader (Part-Time)
Worship Leader Job Description (Part-Time)
We are seeking a creative and experienced worship leader who will be responsible for leading modern worship on Sunday mornings. This person will also continue the development and growth of our worship volunteers and music ministry at Montvale Church. This person will have an undeniable passionate relationship with Jesus Christ and must sense a call to lead God’s people in musical worship. This position is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and Elder Board.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Candidate must have a love for God, the Bible, and God’s people. Candidate must also have a strong desire to disciple those in his or her sphere of influence. Candidate has a desire to continue to grow in the Word, mature in Christ, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Montvale Church in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities.
- Candidate must be proficient in leading worship with a strong vocal ability and authentic stage presence. Multiple instrumental abilities a plus. Formal musical training a plus. Prior experience leading worship in a church.
- Facilitate a Spirit-led, Christ-centered Sunday morning worship service. This includes leading the Sunday worship service musically, developing current worship teams, recruiting additional team members, and scheduling instrumentalists and vocalists. This includes preparation for and leading weekly rehearsals, as well as consulting with the senior Pastor to coordinate the worship theme. This includes but is not limited to the following holiday services: Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Eve, and Christmas Eve.
- Knowledge of Planning Center Services or similar technology, Pro Presenter or equivalent, Song Select, Worship House Media, etc. Knowledge of Digital Audio consoles (X32) a plus. Responsible for selecting music for Sunday worship using chord charts from CCLI and update Planning Center with music.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in collaboration with the Worship Commission and in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Communicate with the Student Ministries Director regarding youth worship teams.
- Communicate with the church office regarding tech and sound needs for Sunday worship services.
- Attend a weekly staff meeting and monthly meeting with the Worship Commission.
- Willing to join the membership of Montvale Church upon hiring, in full agreement with our statement of faith.
- It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 15-20 hours per week. Compensation will be $18,000 – $20,000 depending on experience and education.
Weekly Time Expectations (part-time)
- Sunday Worship Service (4 ½ hours)
- Weekly Rehearsal (3 hours)
- Prep for worship, song selection, arrangements, scheduling volunteers, personal skill development (8 hours)
- Meeting with the Senior Pastor (1 hour)
Worship Leader Application
Office Manager (Part-Time)
This individual will provide administrative leadership and oversight to the MEFC office, while working with pastors, other staff members, various ministries of the church, members and visitors.
- A personal faith in Jesus Christ, an understanding of the MEFC vision and beliefs, and an ability to share their relationship with Jesus Christ with others.
- Ability to work well with other church staff and volunteers, occasionally assisting with their projects.
- Self-motivated, able to work without supervision, and take initiative as needs arise.
- Capable of assuming responsibility for the office when pastors are not available, including interacting with church members and others who may need personal support.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- A willing, supportive spirit.
Primary Aspects of the Role
- Administrative assistant to the pastoral staff.
- Receptionist: answer phone, greet guests, respond to questions about the church and its beliefs, interact with salespersons.
- Assist MEFC Commissions and ministries, as needed.
- Manage and prepare the weekly church bulletin, newsletters, annual report, directory and other documents, as required.
- Administer and maintain church calendar, email prayer chain, church records, scheduled maintenance, building usage, inspections, permits, etc.
- Manage administrative budget, credit card, supplies, service contracts and equipment.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- On occasion, provide spiritual counseling and prayer in line with the MEFC doctrinal beliefs.
- Confidential and professional with a gentle, helpful spirit for those needing assistance.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Comfortable with new technology (e.g. Breeze Church Database, social media, Website Management) and familiar with standard office systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Publisher).
- Able to lead and supervise the day-to-day operations of the MEFC office.
Office Administrator Application